23 August 201913:30 - 18:00
From the mines to the alpine flavours
Follow in the footsteps of the old miners of Mont-Chemin
Follow in the footsteps of the old miners of Mont-Chemin, discover this historically rich path. Followed by a tasting of local produce from the Col des Planches pasture.
- Min. 5 and max. 10 people
- You can have something to eat at the snack bar (regional products) and buy some mountain cheese.
- Remember to bring sturdy shoes and a warm jumper for the tour of the mine gallery.
- The price includes transport, the guided tour and a tasting of mountain cheeses.
- The activity may be cancelled in the event of heavy rain.
What do I need to do?
1. Book and pay at the tourist office in Verbier or Le Châble by 4.00pm on Thursday at the latest.
2. On the day of the trip, bring hiking boots and a warm pullover. The temperature is 8°C in the Hubacher gallery.
3. Meet in front of the Verbier tourist office at 1.30pm or in front of Le Châble tourist office at 1.50pm (on request). A minibus will take you to the Col des Planches (around 45 minutes from Verbier).
4. Your guide will be waiting for you to set off in discovery of Mont-Chemin's mining history. After an hour’s walk, you’ll arrive at the Hubacher gallery (8°C).
5. You will return to the snack bar in the alpine pasture of Col des Planches to taste some local cheeses. Drinks are not included in the price.
6. Leave Col des Planches at around 5.15pm and return to Verbier around 6 pm
CHF 20.- / from 13 years old
CHF 10.- / from 6 to 12 years old
Free for children under 6 years old