02 November 201914:00 - 17:00
Learn the art of basketry
Saturday 19 October (and Saturday 02 November depending on the weather) from 2pm to 5pm at the House of the Forest in la Tzoumaz.
Basketry is known since old times. Many of us may remember an elderly doing basketry in front of his house. Basketry objects are still appreciated, machines can never replace the artwork of a human. Materials used to braid are manifold: willow tree, dogwood, ivy, clematis, brambles, etc. Each of these plants allows us to create originial objects.
Nicole Yersin will show you how to make a basket, or other object with what nature has to offer. Open to all, this workshop will allow you to learn an ancestral technique.
The activity will take place in all weathers. So bring clothes adapted to the temperature !
Min. 2 people
1. Pass by the Tourist Offices of La Tzoumaz (le Châble or Verbier) to book and pay until 5pm the Thursday before the activity.
2. On the day of the activity, let’s meet at 1:45pm in front of the Tourist Office in La Tzoumaz.
3. Short easy walk (about 30 minutes) towards the House of the Forest accompanied by Nicole Yersin.
4. On site, discover the basketry art by creating your own objects.
5. The activtiy ends at around 5pm.
6. You will reach the center of La Tzoumaz by feet (about 30 minutes walk)
-- Conditions of participation --
Booking and payment required at the Tourist Office of La Tzoumaz, Le Châble or Verbier.
Tourist Offices’ activities are only valide once per stay for VIP Pass holders. Discount offered only upon presentation of the VIP Pass.
-- Cancellation policy --
No refunds will be given tocustomers who cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the activity.
Events may be cancelled in case of bad weather but will be fully refunded.
CHF 40.– / Adult from 17 years
CHF 30.– / Youths from 13 to 16 years
CHF 60.– / 1 Parent + 1 Child (8 to 12 years)